Heath Clark
a ride through the mind of a mindless man

ישועה

By Heath
Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,

“Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God
the Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;
8 it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

9 And the angel said [ to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.” 10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

11 Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. 13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in [4] blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. 14 And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. 15 From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. Rev 19:6-16


Imagine the scene myriads of people from every nation, tribe, and tongue gather...for a party. Not just a party the greatest party of all time. It's really loud and it's really ticking off the people on the other side of the gulf. The people have gathered. In fact, all of heaven and earth is gathered waiting for the main event. Up until this point there have been foretastes of but the main event is about to take place! All of the people are waiting their groom/hero. He is what they are eagerly awaiting...in fact he is the main event!

Here comes this man riding on a horse. The man is Jesus and the picture John gives us is radically different than the passive feminine Jesus we grew up reading in about in Sunday School. He shows up with an impressive authority and power. He is a warrior...a mighty warrior with Blood Stains on his garments. Leading his army directly from battle he steps off his horse with a fresh tat on his thigh so in case you didn't know already now you can't miss it he is "King of Kings and Lord of Lords."

Ok so I wrote all that to say I got my first tattoo today! And now I know Jesus is full of strength because his tattoo is pretty big and mine is one word and it was about all I could take.

Longing for the day when we can gather as the bride and eat dinner with our Lover. Until then I will make myself ready with the
"the righteous deeds" that have been "granted" for me to "clothe" myself. (v 7-8)
 

2 comments so far.

  1. keith July 12, 2008 at 9:43 AM
    scweeeeeeeeet! I would have gone with you if I had known!
  2. Jason & Kimberly July 12, 2008 at 10:58 AM
    It was great. Afterward I took him out for a beer and had the pleasure of ripping the tape off of his hairy shoulder! Oh man, it was soooo funny.

Something to say?